Monday, January 08, 2007

Kirribilli Tragedy

Draft A

"I'm a flawed genius," said John, dabbing his eye with a hankie.

"Oh, I wouldn't go that far," said Janette, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'd say you're just flawed".

Draft B

"I'm a flawed genius," said John, drying his eyes with an applique tea cosy.

"Oh, I wouldn't go that far," said Janette, tapping him smartly on the head three times before skipping through to the kitchen. "I'd say you're just flawed".

Draft C

"I'm a flawed genius," said John, plunging his face into a towel.

"Oh, I wouldn't go that far," said Janette, taking his banana puree from the microwave. "I'd say you're just flawed".

5 comments:

shhh... said...

i like to think there's skipping...

Lunar Brogue said...

Yes, it's how she manages glumness. It also keeps her fit. John sometimes joins her, after church or discussions with Philip. They skip around the lounge room together. It's how he manages bad spirits. But not on this day.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what they will get up to under a Ban-Ki Moon.

Lunar Brogue said...

Strong kofi and a bit of boutros boutros?

If Philip was around they'd probably have a SIEV-X seance or dress up as West Papuans and prank call Amnesty.

Anonymous said...

Philip is around, its just that he's been dead since 1996. He works part-time as an extra on zombie films.