Friday, January 19, 2007

I still made a purchase

I was in JB Hi-Fi's city store yesterday morning looking for a T-Bone Walker cd and I figured that while I was there I'd see if Goran Bregovic had anything new. So I'm floating around the World Music section, not really knowing if I'm in the right place, when I spot a guy kneeling on the floor racking cds. He was the long-ponytail-and-goatee-sprouting-white-sports-socks-with-
black-dunlop-volleys type of dude. I said "excuse me, do you know where I might find Goran Bregovic's music". He looked up, blank-faced. "Gypsy music", I added. Then he stood and eyeballed me. "We don't listen to much 'gypsy music' here in Sydney, Australia". Forgetting to thank him for the geography lesson, I said, "oh, well you should". He tilted his chin and moved a little closer. "Yeah, why's that?" And this is where I really could have nailed him. I said, "because it's good".

I was wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat.

2 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

I guess someplaces gypsys are not the cute bandana wearing types

Lunar Brogue said...

Or maybe they wear their bandanas on the inside.

I'm not a die-hard but I'll be there with my badges and placards when the revolution comes. As it surely must ...