Saturday, January 12, 2008

The bush

I caught the train to the bush this morning. The 7.40 Illawarra service took me from Central to Waterfall. From the station I walked through a scout camp to the top of a mountain. From the mountain I followed a fire trail to a pool in Heathcote creek, where I swam. After my swim I walked to Heathcote township and had a cup of coffee. Then I caught the 3.28 Eastern Suburbs service back to Central.

I saw a monitor, a skink and a finch.

We caught the train to the bush this morning. The 7.40 Illawarra service took us from Central to Waterfall. From the station we walked through a scout camp towards a mountain. We lost our way among some big rocks but we were not alarmed. We found it again near an electricity pylon. We followed painted dots to the top of the mountain. Afterwards, we swam in a pool and ate muesli bars and dates. We caught the 3.28 Eastern Suburbs service back to Central.

We saw a monitor and a skink. I saw a finch.

Two men caught the train to a suburb south of Sydney. They were destined for a mountain but didn't know it until they met a man in a truck. They were destined to swim in the valley beneath the mountain but didn't know it until the heat came. They talked and drank and followed a steel pipeline, scaled with rust. One of them thought about coffee until, early in the afternoon, he drank one (a dark brew). He then thought about food.

They both saw native animals. It is possible one saw one more than the other.

No comments: