Sunday, May 18, 2008

A pre-Rudd profile

Lost a limb in Kabul. Blamed it on bad dress sense. Some prank! Currently in rehab near Cuba. Jumping to get my hands on a weapon again, or the bible. Jack tells me the wife's gone missing; reckons she got sweet on her parole officer and's trying to hide the pregnancy. Four kids, three fostered out in Perpetuity (WA). Swelling in the temples is better - less time on the polygraph. Things were looking up after the bushfire trials. Organised a visa through Tony's mob then settled in Afghanistan with Dave. He jokes about it, but I only drove the van. Inherited big time from Thai uncle. A family of orang utans now pissing on mum's sofa and intimidating her cats. Pity I can't enjoy it. I've finally lost all control of my life. Missing all of you. Give my love to John Howard. Tell him not to arse out of his campaign to bring back truth in government. Or his vision for a suburban utopia. I've got so much to learn about what's important. And old father time eh. Wish you could help with this but I'm wearing orange overalls. The only news I get now is through my lawyers and they were educated in the public system!

7 comments:

The Editor said...

Fucking brill !!!

Lunar Brogue said...

Thanks Gerry. I suppose I better start working on a post-Rudd profile. Something involving solitary confinement in a cell made out of thousands of loaves of stale white bread.

The Editor said...

You're too deep for me. Only occasionally do I think I get a glimpse of what you're getting at.
Makes me feel inferior (something I'm quite good at). BTW, this is meant to be somehow a compliment. :-(

Lunar Brogue said...

Gerry, I'm honestly not trying to be deep. In fact, the idea of specifically setting out to be deep is anathema to me. (My mother always taught me to be wary of self-aggrandisement and pretentiousness ... and over-enthusiastic use of long words!)

I'm just trying to imagine my world free of the debasements of cliche and mediocrity. To find some subtlety around its edges. I'm not always successful in this regard, and sometimes, without even knowing it, I slide into the broiling confusion that is mainstream consciousness (ironic gasp!). But I'm trying. And in the process, I like to think that I'm protecting myself from those who would stomp on my individuality or mock my perverse understanding of what it means to be sane.

The Editor said...

I meant it as a compliment. I realise that it's not contrived. But like it or not, you're deep. Well, as far as I'm concerned, anyway. Even your art is breathtakingly brilliant. You're a genius, get used to it. The rest of us are left to genuflect, much to your embarrassment.

Ann ODyne said...

Fancy meeting BearMan over here!
G'day Gerry.

I agree with you that LB is a star.

The Editor said...

Ah, Ann O'Dyne, we must stop meeting like this... ( I actually first typed "meating". Do you think it was Freudian? :-)