Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Emiliana Torrini is the fisherman's woman

Don't know if the last line of this song includes the words "my saver". The transcription was pretty straight forward apart from the last line. In a softer state of mind, I might imagine that my inability to capture this particular lyric is symbolic of something - e.g. I can't hear my saver or, worse, I can hear something but I'm not sure that it's my saver . . .

Lifesaver, your timing's really strange
Catch me later
But can you please be late

And it's funny how your thoughts
Think they're right at all
And its funny how your cause
Makes no sense at all

Lifesaver, let's play a little game
Catch me later
But make sure you be there late

And it's funny how it seems
You're doing things
And its funny how you find
Your peace of mind

Lifesaver, I'm cancelling our date
Lifesaver, its time you had a break

Lifesaver, I'm cancelling our date
Lifesaver, my saver



No comments: